There is a lot of information being shared about the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. SafeSeniors wants to help make sure you are safe, not only from the virus, but also from those who might try to take advantage of you during this uncertain time.
Below are links to trusted information. You may also use CALL 2-1-1 as a resource, just dial 211 to reach them at any time.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are symptomatic, call your health care provider. If you do not have a health care provider, call the nearest hospital.
General Information & Resources
Note: you may also call 800-232-4636;
TTY available at 888-232-6348
Statewide hotline to respond to health-related questions about coronavirus disease – 888-535-6136.
Food Assistance Program Information
For help finding a food pantry, assistance in applying for SNAP benefits or referrals to other resources..
Scams: Stay Informed, Stay Safe
SafeSeniors Task Force Scam Updates
- Stay Informed. Stay Healthy. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
- Information on Coronavirus Scams from the Federal Trade Commission and Michigan.gov
- Scammers Take Advantage of Fears Surrounding Coronavirus
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
US Department of Health and Human Resources
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 Fraud Alert
- Senior Medicare Patrol: Consumer Alert
- Senior Medicare Patrol: Consumer Tip Sheet